Hello there!!! Look who is here!! Seems like Partha has finally learnt to blog. Well, yes that is true and I am blogging something...not sure what to start with though. I have always been the last person in everything that I do...after the whole world has been there...done it...Partha Mukherjee makes his grand entry...All these years my friends have said 'What you don't have a blog of your own??' As though not having a blog of my own is as shameful as walking down a busy boulevard, during rush hours, in the same God gifted birthday suit that I had when I came out of my mother's womb.
Well I don't know why I am accustomed to being the last one in everything. I always used to take the last seat in my school and college days, thus giving due diligence to the term 'backbenchers'. I always used to be the last person to enter the class when the bell rings, so much that my professors often used to stare at the door waiting for me on those rare days when I used to sneak in early. Even while announcing semester results, my professors used to read out the list of 'All Clear' students in class and my name was always the last one to be announced, thus adding to all the adrenalin and questions like 'did I make it or did I not?' Either the names were announced based on descending order of percentage achieved (which means I was always the person who barely cleared his subjects), or when I fared better, the names came out in alphabetical order and none whose name starts with an alphabet later than 'P' made it to the list!! The only occasion when I topped in my class in one particular subject, and don't ask me how I did it, I expected my name to lead the group. But my professor, knowing my plight, decided not to rewrite history, and started announcing the names in the ascending order of percentage scored!!
So I am in love with being the last one. It actually makes you feel positive through out your life. It gives hope to you. You always feel like your name will always be there in the list no matter what. And being the last one seems to have become a part of my blood. I see it everywhere, be it the railway reservation charts, where Indian Railways has decided to always allocate berth number 72 to me in those Sleeper coaches, or Lufthansa airlines who seem to have permanently booked the last corner seat in Economy class for me, where the TV display is so far off that you need binoculars to check what is going on!! In fact when I asked for a change of seat last time the ever smiling air hostess was glad enough to offer me another seat, which apparently happened to be the other rear corner of the Boeing. I don't blame her, it's my fate. I take the last available bus to office and take the last one back to my cozy apartment. When I board the bus I always take advantage of my height and look for the seats available in the last rows, although the row of seats in front might be totally empty and waiting for me to warm them up. But I prefer to be at the end of everything and so I proudly walk down the aisle, as the Opposition members of Indian Parliament so frequently do walking down the well of the house whenever they feel the mood to do so. And as soon I reach the rear of the bus, I realise many more 'last ones' like me having taken up those much sought after seats and being the last one to board the bus, I lost the privilege to grab them. So I retreat my steps and take the front seat which gladly receives me!!
Well this is how I am and this is how I like things to be. So now I am making yet another 'last one' appearance...into the world of blogging. After all being the last one is not bad enough. Have you not heard of a number of blockbusters with the word 'last' attached to them, who made the cash registers ring like anything, like 'The Last Samurai', 'The Last King of Scotland', 'The Last Emperor', 'Last Man Standing' or the famous literary work, 'Last of the Mohicans', or Da Vinci's 'Last Supper'...the list of great 'lasts' is endless...even Rowling's 'last' Potter appearance has hit all time records!!! To me the 'last' one always makes the mark...and so I am here!!
After going through all the blogs of some of the greatest writers I have seen in my friends like Gaurav, KK and Sadaf, who have skilled themselves in the language and the art of writing through the world wide web, I have made up my mind that I also need to hone myself to this skill. The Queen's language has always been a weak point for me as compared to the scientific world and this has been the sole reason why I could not make it to the coveted league of IIMs in my life. And yes this is the very reason why I have always been shy of penning my thoughts be it on paper or in digital format. So friends, Romans, countrymen... please excuse me if I make the occasional mistakes in my writing. Thanks to the power of spell check I find more confidence in blogging rather than scripting in pen and paper!! Do correct me whenever I err so that I can improve in my next post and I hope I can make it to the coveted league of bloggers shortly!! After all I am the 'Last in the League'.
So I am in love with being the last one. It actually makes you feel positive through out your life. It gives hope to you. You always feel like your name will always be there in the list no matter what. And being the last one seems to have become a part of my blood. I see it everywhere, be it the railway reservation charts, where Indian Railways has decided to always allocate berth number 72 to me in those Sleeper coaches, or Lufthansa airlines who seem to have permanently booked the last corner seat in Economy class for me, where the TV display is so far off that you need binoculars to check what is going on!! In fact when I asked for a change of seat last time the ever smiling air hostess was glad enough to offer me another seat, which apparently happened to be the other rear corner of the Boeing. I don't blame her, it's my fate. I take the last available bus to office and take the last one back to my cozy apartment. When I board the bus I always take advantage of my height and look for the seats available in the last rows, although the row of seats in front might be totally empty and waiting for me to warm them up. But I prefer to be at the end of everything and so I proudly walk down the aisle, as the Opposition members of Indian Parliament so frequently do walking down the well of the house whenever they feel the mood to do so. And as soon I reach the rear of the bus, I realise many more 'last ones' like me having taken up those much sought after seats and being the last one to board the bus, I lost the privilege to grab them. So I retreat my steps and take the front seat which gladly receives me!!
Well this is how I am and this is how I like things to be. So now I am making yet another 'last one' appearance...into the world of blogging. After all being the last one is not bad enough. Have you not heard of a number of blockbusters with the word 'last' attached to them, who made the cash registers ring like anything, like 'The Last Samurai', 'The Last King of Scotland', 'The Last Emperor', 'Last Man Standing' or the famous literary work, 'Last of the Mohicans', or Da Vinci's 'Last Supper'...the list of great 'lasts' is endless...even Rowling's 'last' Potter appearance has hit all time records!!! To me the 'last' one always makes the mark...and so I am here!!
After going through all the blogs of some of the greatest writers I have seen in my friends like Gaurav, KK and Sadaf, who have skilled themselves in the language and the art of writing through the world wide web, I have made up my mind that I also need to hone myself to this skill. The Queen's language has always been a weak point for me as compared to the scientific world and this has been the sole reason why I could not make it to the coveted league of IIMs in my life. And yes this is the very reason why I have always been shy of penning my thoughts be it on paper or in digital format. So friends, Romans, countrymen... please excuse me if I make the occasional mistakes in my writing. Thanks to the power of spell check I find more confidence in blogging rather than scripting in pen and paper!! Do correct me whenever I err so that I can improve in my next post and I hope I can make it to the coveted league of bloggers shortly!! After all I am the 'Last in the League'.
2 comments:
whats with the sudden change of heart fella?
Welcome Aboard!!! :)
Post a Comment